Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

I have so many things to be thankful for and this holiday season reminded me about a lot of things that I tend to over look. One of my goals this year is to have a thankful heart and to not overlook the good that the Lord has done.

1. I am thankful that my kids know all of my grandparents. Yes, I still have all four of my grandparents and they live close by. We got see one set of them every week. I knew 3 of my great grandparents and they were alive until I was in college.
2. A Wonderful Christmas and Darin had off three whole days! He was off the day before Christmas and cleaned the house with the kids while I had last minute shopping to do. Then he got off Christmas Eve unexpectedly and Christmas Day! We are just really thankful he has a job right now.
3. My kids. They are a handful but they are all beautiful, healthy and there is never a dull moment.
4. My Manchaca youth group. We grew up together in the same youth group and for the past 11 years we have gone together to the movies on Christmas night. There is anywhere from 10-30 of that go from year to year. It is a neat tradition. This year I am thankful the movie was a good one. We went and saw Sherlock Holmes. Sure beats the year we went and saw Munich. Good movie but a depressing way to end Christmas.

5. The awesome praise and worship I have been listening to while cleaning out the kids rooms and closets the last couple of days. I pulled out some of my old Passion CDs and I had forgotten what awesome worship is on there. One of my goals for the new year is to turn off the radio and listen to more praise music.
6. My mom and dad taking each kid one at a time to spend the night and have a day with Nonna. Brighton got her fingers and toe nails painted at the nail salon with Nonna. Then she got to go see Princess and the Frog. Dalton had lunch with Nonna and got to see Avitar. Ms. Madie is there tonight and I am not sure what they have planned. It is the first time that Madie has spent the night by herself. We will see if she makes it through the night. It has been interesting to see how the dynamic has changed by just removing one child from the mix.

7. I am thankful for new beginnings. I love January because it is a time for new starts. It feels fresh and motivating to get new habits started and new goals set. It reminds me of the promise from the Lord that his mercies are new every morning.

No comments: