This is one of my new life verses. In the past few weeks I have allowed frustration, resentment, anger, & gossip to creep back into my life. It led me to feeling just yuck on the inside and unclean. I kept doing my quiet time and prayer but I was not feeling it. I did not want to be the person that I felt like. Finally I just came to realize this week is that I was going to have to discipline myself to getting these things that I listed out of my life even when I did not feel like it. When we were out Christmas shopping I thanked or complimented every clerk and went out of my way to be nice to people in the stores. My thought was, well if I feel rotten on the inside I am going to go out of my way to be extra nice to those around me. I thought that would fix my melancholy but it didn't but, that is where faith steps in. Just keep doing what you know is right to do even when you are not feeling it. Feelings and even hormones change. So today I am going to get back to my Thankful Thursdays. Because I really am trying to notice and thank God for every blessing in my life. I love the movie Pollyanna especially when she would play the glad game. I think we as women need to follow that thought process in our homes and it will change the temperature of out homes and teach our kids a valuable life lesson. So here is my glad game for the past week.
Blessing: My in laws bought a new washer and dryer giving us their old set for free. It is newer than mine and nicer.
2. Frustration: Feeling like a single like mom with Darin's new work schedule. He has not had many days off and it is very undependable about when he gets off and when his days off are.
Blessing: He has a job that is paying him better than he has in a while and he is happy with his work. I get to be a stay at home mom and many moms don't. I do appreciate it.
3. Frustration: My kids and their demands and fighting with each other.
Blessing: They are all beautiful, healthy and smart children. We never had any trouble getting pregnant, not had bad pregnancies. I am blessed with three kids.
4. Frustration: Messy house and feeling like I am the only one who cleans it.
Blessing: I have been homeless living with my parents. I have a beautiful home. It is one story and easier to keep up with than my two story house. I have sweet neighbors that are Christians.
1. My family. My parents live in the same town as us and Dalton is at the same school my mom teaches at. My bothers and sister-in-laws are close by. Yesterday when Darin and I were Christmas shopping and he got called into work I was sad and did not want to go home yet. But I also did not want to go shopping with the girls by myself. I called Stephanie and Jenny and we all met at Academy and then went to lunch. It was awesome.
2. My friends. Moving is hard when you have to make new friends. Moving back to the area you grew up in has been awesome. I reconnected with my group of close girlfriends and am actually living closer to them than I was before. I reconnected with my best friend from high school and we are having fun with our girls together.
3. The women in my life through Mary Kay. They are so positive and uplifting. If I never made a dime or did anything else I am blessed because of these women and the love they pour into my life.
4. Last but not least I was blessed yesterday. I got pulled over yesterday and discovered that my licence was expired, I had not put the new insurance card in my wallet and I was going 11 miles over the speed limit. The wonderful officer only gave me a ticket for the licence and said to contact the judge when I got it renewed. It could have been so much worse and the judge is my friend on facebook so who knows what she will do when I contact her. Thank you kind officer!