Monday, November 30, 2009
My kids love Aunt Wee! (Darin's sister. ) She is ready to hug and play. She gets little boys because she has three and buys the best little boy toys for Dalton. She was there from the time I went into labor with him and did not leave until the next morning after he was born. But I think she is really enjoying having little neices to shop for. She gets to buy girly presents now. She calls my girls "girly girls". I knew when she kept the kids this summer she would never take them in public with out their hair fixed and topped off with a bow. She was so excited with Brighton that she got to be in the room and she never left my side the entire time I was in labor. We are thankful to have an Aunt Wee in our lives. (But we need to make sure we get a picture soon of Aunt Wee and Dalton.)
Saturday, November 21, 2009
I knew that Becca and her family were going to be spending the summer in Florida for business. I was praying about what Darin and I needed to do and Becca's mother (another dear sweet lady) called me because she had the idea of us house sitting Becca's house. This sweet family opened their home to us for the summer. The house was beautiful and without hesitation they let us invade their space for two months. It was such a testimony of God's provision. Craig told Darin not to worry about it because it was his duty as a brother in Christ to help take care of another brother in need. I really aspire to be that kind of a person and with faith like the Hill family has.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
These two girls are the sisters that I was not born with. If you told me I would have felt that way in Highschool about these girls I would have laughed. Jenny and I were not on the best terms. (Story back in another blog.) Erin was just her kid sister I saw at church. When my brother married Jenny I did not know I was getting more than just a sister-in-law that I could hope to one day be close to. I got two beautiful women in my life. Jenny has been there for me in every transition and heart ache I have had over the last few years. She has been with me for the birth of all of my kids, being my coach for the last two. This last transition she was still steadfast Jenny with a listening ear and encouraging spirit. I would never expect any less from her. That is why I love her so much. Erin has not only made me look great over the past few years keeping my hair slammin', but she has always worked with me when money was tight. Erin can make me laugh at any situation. If not at life then at myself. She loves me and is such a blessing in my life. Getting to be in Erin's wedding and part of all the festivities that lead up to it in October was the best thing for me this last fall. It gave me something to be excited about when life at the time had little for me to look forward too. It made me really feel apart of their them like family. Erin said I could be an official adopted sister and when Erin says something it is true! I could not imagine my life with out the Knight sisters. I love these girls so much!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
2. I realize that I am more of a control freak and want things done my way that I would like to admit. Moving brings that totally out of me.
3. Darin will not ask for help. It makes him so uncomfortable to put anyone out and ask them to help move. I think, "You have not because you ask not."
4. I realized that I could not move with out my family. My mom can stage a house to make the best use of space in every room. I owe my brothers so much help when they move someday. I am still a daddy's girl. He makes sure the washer and dryer are hooked up and everything is running. (Darin had to work on Saturday this last move.)
5. It is like the country song goes, "You Find Out Who Your Friends Are." When someone will help you move you are really finding out who will be there for you through thick and thin.
6. I realized we are not college kids anymore. In my mind I should be able to get it all done in a couple of hours on a Saturday and have it all set up by Sunday right? Yea, it is a lot different moving a two bedroom apartment than a family of 5!
7. We have too much stuff! You get less attached to your junk. Things you could not part with before. If you don't love it enough to pack it up, move it and unpack it you find things easier to part with. Plus if it has been in sotrage for 3 months you can part with it so much easier.
8. Uhuals cost way more money than they advertise. That $39.99 advertised on the side of the truck is a crock. How does it really go from $39.99 to $150?
9. One story houses are much easier to move into. We moved from our storage shed into a one story house and man it was nice.
10. Last but not least is...Movers may be expensive but I am not moving again with out paying packers and movers. They are worth every penny!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I am blessed because of:
1. My friends. Man it is good to be home and back in the town I grew up in. I have been welcomed back by so many friends and family.
2. Getting to celebrate Erin's wedding with her. I was honored to serve her on her wedding day and just be apart of it all. I don't have a sister and being with Jenny and Erin make me feel like I have two. Also, I loved getting to know Cara.
3. My NEW HOUSE! I love it, love it, love it! It is smaller than what I moved from but way nicer. I got it unpacked and moved in with pictures up and all in one week. My neighbors are a sweet retired couple that love the Lord. They brought us bread when we were moving in and invited us over for dinner.
4. This week was my first week back working Mary Kay full time and it looks like I will end up with a $1,000 week! My team is getting back in gear and we will get back on track to where we were this summer.
5. Darin's job. It is different this time around working for Whataburger. He loves it. He feels good and about it and it is a good income with advancement opportunities.
6. Dalton is having a fantastic year this year. He loves school, loves his teacher and is having a great year. He is reading well and doing great. I love that Nonna is on campus with him.
7. Friends that will speak truth even when it is hard to swallow. My director let me deal with life over these past few months and I got the call on Tuesday that got my head on and rear in gear. She loves me enough to not tell me what I don't want to hear but what I need to hear. She believes too much in me to let me fail. Even though I got off the phone mad at her I knew she was right. I was mad enough to go get back to work.
8. I lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. 32 more to go before the summer. Teresa is also doing free coach for my diet as well.
9. I went back to my old MK meeting in New Braunfels. I have not been there since August and they welcomed me back with open arms. They had not taken my picture down and one of my friends had a gift for me she had been carrying around in her purse for 3 months knowing one day I would get to come back. I thought since moving I would try to find a new meeting in the Kyle area but none were like where I came from. So I went back and felt right at home. It is good to know you have been missed. I wanted to cry when I was there because I had missed that group so much.
10. I feel so blessed that the Lord knows our heart and fills those needs. Even the trivial ones of just being missed. He is faithful when we fall, he is just when we need it and his love is unconditional.