Thursday, April 30, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Now onto the funnier things I must confess:
* Friday, the girls went to stay with grandma and I took Dalton on a spontaneous date to the movies. It was an awesome night with him. He got to spend his birthday money on stuff for his Wii and he got to stay up and play it with his Dad until 11. Then he repaid us the next two days by being a complete turkey. I must confess I was so frustrated I wanted to tell him that it would be a long time before I did that for him again.
Friday, April 24, 2009
"Christianity changes dramatically when we discover that it, too is a great romance. That God yearns to share a life of beauty, intimacy and adventure with us."
I have gushed on here about the love and respect I have for Darin and my kids but I have not gushed on the other love in my life. So I thought I would devote my 10 list to some of the characteristics I have been searching scripture for and what I came up with.1. The Lover who has searched through the ages for me, his love is timeless and forever.
" I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with loving kindness." Jer. 21:3
My thought: The idea that captured me into the Twilight books (and the romanticism behind the Vampire story) is the love story behind it. The idea of a searching through time for the love of his life. The idea that this man has waited for his love, hunted and searched for her and wooed her to him. I love the process of finding the love of your life.
2. He is the lifter of my head, and restores me from the pit I was put in.
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me & heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud & the mire. He set my foot on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Ps. 40:1&2
My thoughts: I am the maiden that was meant for better things than this life can offer. There is a villain who is hunting me, roaring like a lion to steal kill and destroy. Cinderella's shoe fit when I accepted Christ into my life. There is a hero who defeats and will destroy the monster that is hunting me.
"I am a jealous God...." Ex 20:5
4. He bestows Glory on me.
"But you are a shield around me, o Lord. You bestow glory up on me & lift my head." Ps. 3:3
My thoughts: Like in the movie The Prince & Me, When Julia Styles is in the crowd in Denmark trying to get Edwards attention. He is the prince riding through the crowd andwhen he hears her he turns his horse around and races back to her. Then in one swift movement pulls her up on his horse and races to get her into the walls of the castle. He chose her from the crowd of many and lifted her out of it and placed a crown upon her head by asking her to be his Queen.
5. He is my help....
" I lift my eyes to the Hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord maker of Heaven and Earth." Ps. 121:1 &2
6. He watches over me even as I sleep.
"He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber: indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you-the Lord is the shade on your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life,the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more." Ps. 121 3-8
7. He knows me and what I need better than I know myself
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart:"
Jer. 1:5 a
8. He will never leave of forsake me
"Those who know your name will trust in you. for you, Lord, never forsaken those who seek you." Ps. 9:10
9. He is my protector & shield from the battle of life and delivers me from it.
" O sovereign Lord, my strong deliverer, who shields my head in the day of battle." Ps. 140:7
My picture: The mental picture of a man moving the heroine behind him with one arm to protect her from battle and fighting to protect her with the other.
10. He is my great provider.
"Forget the former things: do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The Wild Animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise." Isaiah 43:18-21
"I will pour out water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my spirit on your offspring, and my blessings upon your descendants."
My thoughts: I bawled in Fire Proof when she realized that her husband had been the one who provided the medical equipment for her mother and never told her.
My thoughts: This released my fear of Darin being the provider to me. I could release him to His ministry and take the stress off of him because he was not dealing with the stress of my fears and doubts on top of his own weakness.
11. His Compassion and gentleness for me.
"He will wipe away every tear from their eye.." Rev 21:4a
My picture: The beauty of a man lifting a burden woman's face and cupping it in his hard. Then wiping the tears away with his thumbs. That is what I see Jesus doing.
12. He has already given his own life for my sake, he has redeemed me
"But now he has appeared once and for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself." Hebrews 9:26b
I wanted to inspire the wives that may read this that this thought process changed my marriage. When I began to fall in love with Jesus and seek these things out in scripture and prayer I began to fall in love with Darin again just like the days when we were dating.
The Easter Egg hunt at church.
The cool shot I got at my moms house of this lizard. Dalton tried to catch it.
The kids with my mom.
Dalton with his Great Grandpa. Grandad was trying to take his money he found in an Easter Egg.
Brighton hunting eggs at the church Easter Egg Hunt.
Madie kept stopping to open hers during the hunt.
Madie with the Easter Bunny.
We took several family pictures and this was the best one we got. It is so hard to get all three looking at one time. This blog is not laid our well. But I am frustrated trying to get the pictures uploaded and this was the best I can do for now. Just wanted to share some Easter shots.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
1.Kids Birthday's stress me out. I love looking at the pictures afterwards but man they are not fun to plan or to go to.
2.A couple of weeks ago I was so flustered at a fit Brigthon threw in the middle of the YMCA that I walked out to the car scolding her and my arms felt empty. I realized I had left Madie. At least I left her in the nursery and not in the middle of the work out floor.
3.I had to break down and hire a housekeeper.
4.I had to dig socks out of the basket of laundry that I washed on Monday that did not get folded until Thursday night.
5.I think lunchables are one of the best things created for kids lunches.
6.I used some of the kids Easter candy to fill the goody bags for Dalton's party favors. (They got so much candy)
7. 8:00 is the best time of the day for me. (It is the kids bed time.)
Friday, April 17, 2009
5. I am the mom who has convinced my daughters that pink is the only color that matters. As Brighton would say, "All dose odder colos are ugly." They think putting in a matching bow for their hair is part of getting dressed I have taught them that you can never have too many shoes and lip gloss is a must.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
1. I think my girls went two days this week with out their teeth brushed. Darin had been doing bath time and forgot because Madie hid the tooth brushes that were in the tub and I did not do it in the morning because I thought he was doing it at bath time.
2. Last Sunday night I got Dalton all hyped up that his birthday was Monday morning to find out from Darin that I was a day off. His birthday is the 7th not the 6th. So we had to let him down that he had to wait one more day for his birthday.
3. In preparation for Easter and still running my Mary Kay my kids did not get one home cooked meal all week. They had sandwiches, hot dogs and bowls of cereal and chicken nuggets at lunch in the car. This week we are eating a lot healthier.
4. Monday I started reading Twilight again for the third time. I just can't find any other fiction I want to read after getting into this series. I am not ready to leave the world of Forks and am so hoping Stephanie Meyers finishes and publishes Midnight Sun. I am so high strung I have to read fiction at night to go to sleep.
5. Want to know the difference between my husband and me? We went to the cell phone place to adjust our plans since we are taking over his plan. I wanted to find out if I could cut my bill down by cutting my minutes and do a family share plan. The guys laughed at me when they shared our minutes usage. Last month my minute usage was over 2400 min and his was 400.
Yea imagine the conversations in my house.
6. I totally used facebook last week to solicit comments to my blog.
7. I realized over these last two weeks that I am way to attached to my best friend. She has been sick and in bed and I have been way to sad over not talking to her.
8. I struggle going to bed at night like a child and fight sleep trying to get every ounce out of the day but yet can not get up easily in the morning. I really do want to get up an hour before my kids do and do a quiet time.
9. Today my mom sent a chocolate cake home with us and my first thought was, "Great breakfast is covered for the week." ( Seriously I would not do that to Dalton's teacher. It would undo the fish oil he gets, but I thought it.)
10. Yes, I did dig through the kids Easter Eggs and pull all of the little packs of nerds out for me.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
5. Going places could be spontaneous and getting out the door was effortless. Now I pray for peace and I get the right socks and shoes on 6 little feet and is like herding cattle to get all three out to the car. (Half the time I don't have the diaper bag.)
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Today looking at the trashed toy room I will try to cherish these days while I pick up the pile of dumped over mountain of crayons for the 100th time this week.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Dalton has been an entertainer from the time he could control his facial expressions. I remember he had what we called the "Squinchy" smile where he would wrinkle up his entire face at people and he would do it over and over again to make people laugh. At 18 months old he had the run of the church where Darin was the pastor. He had his little Cowboy hat, holster with two cap guns and he would draw on people coming in the back doors. He would point his little gun or finger and yell, "Dow!' and the teen age boys would fall over dead. He sat in the press box at the JV games and help make the announcements on Thursday nights. The retired ladies took turns taking him home with them to play and the teens passed him around at the Friday night football games. That year he got his first electric guitar and microphone and was quite the entertainer on it. He loved to sing for people that came over. He was into the Wiggles and Blues Clues.
By three Dalton was adjusting to having a baby sister and was the best big brother. He sang his first solo at FBC Wimberly with me at a 5th Sunday sing. He sang "Here I am to Worship, Hear I am to Fall down...." At the end of the song he bowed and said "Thank you, Thank you berry much." into the microphone and jumped off the stage running down the isle, giving high fives to the out stretched hands along the way. The infatuation at three was Toy Story and The Incredibles.
Friday, April 3, 2009
I have come to a new conclusion as I have been going on target for my first Mary Kay car and doing this new bible study. It is a daily battle. It is always going to be a daily thing that is a struggle and that is part of the process of relying on Jesus. If we were able to make a decision and just do it then I would not need to depend on my Heavenly father. I would not need a Savior and forget to even rely on God. The commitment is only the first part of the change. So here are the things that I have come to the conclusion is going to be a daily battle towards things I want to improve on in my life.
1. Eating Right- Someday maybe I will enjoy drinking water as much as a Dr. Pepper or veggies will sound better to me than a Sonic burger. Someday my commitment to my diet will be stronger than my love for chocolate. If not then I will daily give that to God.
2. Being a Good Mom- I will be able to enjoy my kids and not focus on the messes they leave. I will appreciate the sweetness of Madie wanting to held and not be irritated I have to clean my house with one hand. I will be more patient and less quick to yell. Daily I will concentrate on how patient the Lord is with me and respond to them out of that same unconditional love.
3. Not caring what people think- I don't think I will ever "arrive" on that goal. As I have blogged before that one will always be my "thorn in the flesh" that will draw me into my need for a perfect Savior.
4. Fear of rejection and rejection of my children. Man children entering school and sports has opened an entire new realm of the fear of rejection. It is a daily battle to not let the lioness out of the cage to whip up on another child who hurts my kids feelings or a parent that makes a passing remark about them.
5. Choosing to not have a spirit of offence- I will chose to take myself out of the equation when things are said and I take them as a direct slight. I am DAILY and sometimes MOMENT BY MOMENT choosing to filter everything I want to react to through prayer. That means praying before I respond to things and consciously trying not to be offended.
6. My Schedule- Being disciplined to start my day earlier so I can pray and read my bible before my kids get up. Exercise more and go to bed at a decent time. I need to DAILY monitor how much time I waste on the phone, on facebook or watching T.V.
7. Spiritual Disciplines- It is sad to say that I have been a Christian for a long time and the Lord has seen me through a lot of things that has grown my faith and I still struggle with a daily quiet time. It is a daily sacrifice to start my day in prayer and my own personal bible study. It is also a struggle to memorize scripture.
8. Holding Every Thought Captive- To think positive. To catch a negative thought that enters my mind and not let my thoughts dwell on it and then react on it. This includes worry and trying to reason things out that the Lord want to work out the details on situations in my life.
9. Balance- Balance between the ministry of the Church, my Mary Kay, the kids, Darin, my personal relationship with Christ, having a clean house and my girlfriends. It is not ever going to be planned out and all things running smoothly.
10. Peace- Having the peace that passed all understanding through any situation and the faith to pursue peace is a DAILY battle.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I just can't do ALL things through myself and my own strength. God gives us our daily bread. So this means I have to check in daily for the grace and power that I need for the change in my life. So today I work on these things and filter everything through the power of Christ. Because He is the Author and Prefector of my life.