Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our God is Faithful

Today was just fun. The weather was great! Darin and I both finally felt great! (We had some weird flu all last week.) Darin was home all day. It was nice to have our Sunday afternoon with him and not have the time crunch of him leaving for work. Then we went to my mom's for the afternoon. I had to run into Austin to pick up something from my MK director and Dalton rode with me. He has my love language of quality time. I know that feeling. I love to run errands with my mom. Even now if she has to go somewhere just to ride in the car with her still makes me feel special. We sang our favorite songs together on the way until he fell asleep. Then when I got back we got my Dad's golf cart out and rode around the neighborhood. It was perfect weather for it. I moved it to the back yard so the kids could take turns sitting in my lap and driving. (Even Madie had a turn and did a pretty good job.) At one point my dad jumped out from behind the fence while Brighton was driving and made a monster noise that made all three of us scream. Then he jumped on the back of the golf cart and to hear Brighton's giggles as she drove was precious. Dalton discovered hammering nails into wood and he spent the afternoon "building". I have been struggling with the kids and feelings of failure as a mom. I needed a day like today, just to play and laugh with them. God always gives me what I am needing in my spirit even when I don't voice it. We ended the night with a church meeting going over the vision for Cross Bridge. John was completely inspiring as he cast the vision with the church and I was amazed at where God brought us. He truly has guided our path. Darin is completely in his element as the church's Executive Pastor and we are on the verge of something huge. I felt blessed today as I have not on a Sunday in a long time. I can't wait to blog about the adventure I am fixing to jump into and how it is going to change our future. This is one of my new favorite songs that inspires me.
Revive - Chorus Of The Saints
There's the redeemed lost again
Confused with doubts and suffering
But if only they'd open up their eyes
And see the beauty of their God, who has never left their side
This is the chorus of the saints singing "Hallelujah our God is faithful!"
We the redeemed are lost again
With misplaced trust and desire to complain
But if only we'd open up our eyes
And see the beauty of our God
Who has never left our side
This is the chorus of the saints singing "Hallelujah our God is faithful!"
So open up your eyes
And see the beauty of your God
Who has never left your side

No comments: