Thursday, March 11, 2010

Playing Catch Up!

I have been so sick since last week.  I got the terrible stomach bug my kids had.  Only they were only down with it for 24 hours I had it for 4 days!  It was the hardest way I have lost weight yet!  So I wanted to catch those of you following the 21 day challege up.  I feel behind on everything.  My monthly sales goals, my house work and everything! The 15th of the month is MONDAY!!!!! Deep breath!  One job at a time, one day at a time.  The day I was feeling better Darin kept telling me to calm down and rest because I was going to relapse.  One thing I am excited about is that I started a new schedule.  I have been terrible about being disciplined with my daily schedule.  I don't get up at a consistant time.  Lots of times I would got back to bed after I took Dalton to school.  (Wow! I am keeping it real here and laying it all out.)  It would be 9:00 am before I was starting to get ready for the day. Then I was jumping on the computer first thing in the morning and I would have wasted an hour playing on facebook or my blog.  It was wearing on my self-esteem because I knew that I was not doing right by my family and I knew I would do better with my goals if I would just get my schedule under control.  So my goal is to be part of the 5:00 am club.  In Mary Kay that is what she called those people that get up at 5:00 am 5 days a week.  It adds hours to your life to get extra things done.  I have never been a morning person.I have alway discounted the idea when it was talked about.  But this week I was convicted that I had to do better with my schedule.  I was meeting each day feeling behind, and frantic.  That is not fair to my family or my kids.  So I started yesterday.  I got up at 6:00 am instead of 6:30.  I have to have Dalton at school by 7:30 each day.  My day was double in production and I felt so much better.  We had the smoothest morning getting everyone ready and out the door.  This morning I pushed it to 5:45 and it was even better.  I was able to do my bible reading before anyone is the house was up.  Half my todo list is already done and I feel great.  It has made me feel more confident because I am taking steps to gain control over something I have struggled with for years.  I am so excited about all of my new followers.  Leave me a comment to let me know how your 21 day journey is going.  I look forward to hearing from you.  I promise to catch up on my reading and commenting on your blogs this weekend. 

Day 13

todays challenge:

Time to unwind and relax.

I am ordering you to do just that today.

Your challenge is to find a way to relax and DO IT!

CHECK! What else could I do while I was sick!  Got caught up on sleep and my DVR shows. 

Day 14

todays challenge:

Today might be a real challenge for you, because it's uncomfortable.

I want you to do something that you wouldn't normally do alone.

Go for a walk without your ipod.

Go see a movie.

Get some lunch at a coffee shop and bring a book.

I think it's important to be comfortable being out and about with just ourselves.

So give it a shot, see what happens.

I have done this recently because my bible study has asked me too.  Check!


Day 15

todays challenge:

This one is more for me than anything,

so you're welcome to take it or leave it.

But, the challenge today is to stay off the internet all day long.

I'm committing to 12 hours.

But, of course you do what's right for you.

Remember it's your own personal challenge,

these are merely suggestions.

I did this while I was sick too.  It was kind of nice and I am not as obsessive about my blog and checking it as I was.  I was not getting as much done because I was getting addicted to my blog and reading others blogs.  So this one is checked off. 

Day 16

todays challenge:

Last week!

Okay, todays challenge is a good one.

I want you to memorize a quote or scripture that brings you peace.

Don't know one?

Google some!

And when you find just the one, write it down on an index card and carry it around with you all day.

Hopefully by the end of the day,

not only will you have it in your head...

but most importantly,

it will permanently be in your heart.
 
Wow I love this one!  I have been convicted of that recently in my bible study.  Mine this week is 2 Tim 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power love and self-discipline.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am so glad I found your blog this morning. I too am a Texas blogger and I know what you mean about schedules.

It sounds like you have a grat plan.
Maybe I need to read Mary Kay's book!

Laura

White Spray Paint

ThinkFeminist said...

I am now following your blog from a late Friday Follow. This is a neat and chic blog, I will be reading up more. You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com i'm sure you will like it too.

Blessing @ Safe Home Happy Mom