Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why So Serious?

This is Madison Rae. ("Madie Rae") My life has changed drastically since the day I found out I was pregnant with her. She is the youngest of three. Madison is my most cuddly and loving of all three of my kids. She was the easiest baby. I thought when she was born that God had finally blessed me with an easy going child that took after her father. Her older brother and sister have personalities bigger than life and both love the spot light. I have know idea where they get it from. She was sweet and calm and slept well. Then Madison started walking at 13 months and life as I knew if changed. Madison is the most meddlesome baby I have ever seen. She can rearrange a room or completely destroy it in the time it takes me to put something away and come back. She is my little Curious George. Plus she is a girly girl and loves my shoes, purses and make up. She has destroyed my carpet in every room. You can leave absolutely nothing in her reach because she will get into it. People have a hard time believing me until they see her in action. I love her but I can't relax until she is asleep and contained in her baby bed. The bathroom is her favorite play ground. It not always easy to keep her out of it when older kids leave the door open. Did I mention she is a climber too. She likes to hang on the windowsill and use her toes to climb up the wall like Spiderman to see out. My mom thinks I laugh at my kids too much, but in situations like these it is either laugh or cry. Here is her latest mess from Sunday night. At least this was not a new tube of lipstick, at least I get it 50% off and she did not get it on the carpet. We thinks she looks like the Joker here. She came is very proud of herself and thought that she looked pretty. (I have to add Mary Kay's oil free eye makeup remover took all off.)
Dear Lord,
Let me enjoy this stage of life because I know these moments are passing so quickly. Let me laugh even when it is hard and not be so serious all the time. Carpets can be cleaned and there is always new lipstick to be bought. Thank you for this funny little girl you blessed our house with. I can't wait to watch her grow into all that you have planned for her. Then I will embarrass her with these pictures. Thank you for the smiles, the hugs and kisses and all the moments of joy that she brings.

4 comments:

Foursons said...

Too funny. That little girl cracks me up. I love how her little face lights up whenever I go to your house and she has to come say "hi."

Nocona said...

She is a mess. But she keeps us laughing.

Nocona said...

She is a mess. But she keeps us laughing.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, Nocona! Love it.