Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It has been a while since I have done a Thankful Thursday. I was reminded in my quiet time that God blesses a grateful heart. I have been walking in an attitude of being grateful for all the Lord does for me but I need to stay in the habit of doing it on my blog.


First off, I am thankful for my new church home. It is not really new but Darin and I just rejoined it. I went to this church at a teen and have wanted to go back there for awhile. God released us from where we were and now I get to worship in a place that we chose. When your husband is a minister you don't always get to pick a place that meets your needs. We have always gone to a place to serve and just made the best of where the church was different than what we liked. It was usually the worship or being in church planting where we were portable and having to make everything come together every Sunday. Manchaca Baptist Church has always been one of my favorite places to worship and it is only getting better since they started the contemporary service. My brother's and their wives are there along with a lot people I grew up with. When Darin has to work on Sundays it is not big deal to go to church alone and it is not the lonely feeling that I have experienced in the past. I am truly thankful for my church home.

I am thankful for the blessings of my business! God is bringing some of the most awesome women for me to work with. I have done more than I ever have before facialing 90 women in 90 days and working for 150 by the end of June. My team and I are on track to becoming our own unit again which will triple the income I am bringing in now. I feel stronger than I have before in my business. God has breathed a confidence in me like I never have walked in before. I think it is because I know in my heart that I am doing everything I know I need to be doing. I am getting up early and my schedule is more disciplined. I am working the business the way Mary Kay has advised us to and not looking for a short cut. I am disciplined in my bible study and prayer life like never before. I am eating right and working out. There is really not a "secret sin" creeping around that I know I am walking in disobedience in. That has not always been that way in the past. It has really brought a since of freedom to my life. That in its self is something I am hugely thankful for.

I am thankful for Darin's promotion to a new store, even if is on the UT campus and we are Aggies. He will sport the burnt orange for this promotion. He is happy like I have not seen in a long time.

I am thankful for the YMCA here. I love my Pilates and Zumba classes. It has been neat to meet an entirely group of new people. I am training to run a half marathon in October. I never thought it was something I wanted to do but now I am excited about doing something I have never accomplished before and was unsure if I could do. I am also running a 5K in June in Austin. One of my new friends at the YMCA sent me the information about a Twilight fan run on June 26th. Doesn't that sound like fun?

I am thankful that baseball is almost over and we only have two more games. One less thing on my plate to keep up with and we have not been too thrilled with the league here. But we have met some new people that we enjoyed playing with this season and Dalton's coach has been excellent.

There are so many things to be thankful for when we look for them. God has so richly blessed us; even in the face of trials we are blessed.

No comments: